Pizza Dough Recipe Instructions
- Add a little sugar or honey to the warm water.
- Sprinkle yeast on top of the warm water and wait for the mixture to start to foam.
- Pour the liquid mixture into a large bowl and add the salt and olive oil.
- Add most of the flour in increments.
- If you would like an herb-flavored crust, add an herb, such as rosemary or sage at this point
- Knead the mixture until you have a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic, adding additional flour as needed.
- Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise.
This recipe makes enough dough for three 14-inch thin-crust pizzas. If you only intend on making one or two pizzas when you make the dough, then divide the dough into portions, roll the individual portions into balls and place each ball into a lightly floured food storage bag or container and refrigerate or freeze for future use.